Most of the people choose to pursue their career just after completing graduation degree or maybe a Master’s degree in some cases. We look at the Ph.D. program as something which is done by those people who are interested in academics at college or university level and want to pursue their career in that direction. Surely, you have to give up some of your crucial years in working on your thesis and not living the particular 9 to 5 job life. But it’s worth the wait as you get to work on an expert level for the rest of your life.
Let’s first look at some of the reasons why you must choose a Ph.D. as your career option after post-graduation:
- For Long Term Career – To achieve the long term career in academics, you can opt for Ph.D. after completing your Post-Graduation and become an expert in your field. You can choose to teach University students which provides you the comfort of life long job security with a good salary. In some universities, you also get to live in a university-provided house which is a plus one.
- To pursue Research in your interested area – If you are passionate about a topic which you want to research about, then opt for the Ph.D. program and contribute by making important discoveries.
- For improving your life – By doing Ph.D., you develop intellectual thinking ability, solving complex problems and building a different level of confidence.
- If you love books – There are many people who love reading. Books, thesis, academic papers, journals, etc. they are so much into gaining knowledge. If you fall under this category, then you must opt for doing Ph.D.
- Increase your chance of getting higher paid jobs – With a Ph.D. degree in your hand, you develop an insight to get higher paid satisfying jobs throughout the world in big companies.
Ph.D. in India:
In India, more than 800 different universities offer a Ph.D. program. Central Universities, Private Universities, State Universities, Deemed to be Universities and Institute of National Importance. Premium Institutions such as IITs, NITs, IIMS, IISERs, NIPERs, AIIMS, SPAs, etc. also offers Ph.D. program to students.
|International Students||More than 40,000|
|Ph.D. Duration||Three to five years|
|Representative Fees||USD 1000 – 6000|
|Academic Year||July – May|
Cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Pune are a hub for Ph.D. programs as many universities and institutes in these cities offer a tremendous amount of specializations at the doctoral level.
Type of Ph.D. Degree:
- Fellowship Programme in Management (FPM): Offered by IIMs, this is a Ph.D. level management degree which includes professional training which lasts up to five years.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D): lasting for six years, a professional doctoral level degree in the field of pharmacy.
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil): Lasting for one to two years, this degree is the advanced level in the fields of arts, science or commerce. In some universities, M.Phil degree holders are exempted from entrance examination for Ph.D. admission or can be given exemption of a few years in the course requirement.
Eligibility Requirement for Ph.D. in India:
Candidates who want to pursue Ph.D. must have Master’s degree with minimum 55% marks in relevant subject or equivalent from a recognized university.
Ph.D. Admission Procedure in India:
UGC NET conducted by NTA to select candidates for Junior Fellowship or Assistant Professor or Research Eligibility Test (RET) conducted by the respective university after releasing their Ph.D. notification, candidates can apply for any of the above-mentioned entrance exams to get admission in the doctoral program.
After clearing the written test, candidates are called for the Interview to present their Research Proposal. Finally, suitable candidates are selected by the universities for the Ph.D. program.
Previous academic qualifications, RET score, interview performance, and research proposal will finally decide whether you will be eligible to pursue a Ph.D. in the university or not.
Top 10 Private & Non-Private Universities in India that offers Ph.D. in India
- Delhi University, Delhi – DU offers Ph.D. in ten specializations. Admission is done on the basis of an entrance test followed by an interview.
- Amity University, Noida – Amity offers many specializations under Ph.D. course for which admission is done on the basis of entrance exam conducted by the university, Interview, Research Proposal, and academic record.
- Kalinga University, Raipur – This University offers Ph.D. in more than 20 specializations. Admission is done on the basis of Entrance examination and interview.
- William Carey University, Shillong – Candidates can apply in this university by visiting the official website and filling the online application form. Appear for an entrance test followed by an interview conducted by the university.
- IEC University, Baddi – IEC offers a Ph.D. program in various specializations. Candidates must have a valid score in CSIR/UGC/NET/SLET entrance examinations to apply for the doctoral program in this university.
- Barkatullah University, Bhopal – This University offers a Ph.D. in more than 20 specializations. Admission is done based on Ph.D. entrance test, followed by an interview and work experience.
- Dr. CV Raman University, Bilaspur – This University in Bilaspur offers Ph.D. in many specializations for which admission is done based on – Entrance Exam and Interview.
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur – Ph.D. in nine specializations, admission is done on the basis of entrance test and interview conducted by the university.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune – BVP Pune offers Ph.D. in more than 10 specializations. Candidates must appear for University Entrance exam followed by Interview and Presentation to get admission.
- CCS University, Meerut – The university offers Ph.D., D.Litt, D.Sc. and other Ph.D. level courses in various specializations. The admission is done on the basis of Entrance test conducted by the university followed by interview and thesis discussion.
Note: For Education Counselling in Ph.D., call us at +91 – 9990440999