Online Applications are invited for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) - 2018 (NEET-UG-2018) to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry
The NEET (UG) - 2018 will be conducted on May 2018
As per the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2018 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2018, online applications are invited for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) - 2018 (NEET-UG-2018) to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
NEET 2018 form is now available. Online application form of NEET 2018 has been issued at cbseneet.nic.in for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET 2018 will be held on 06th May 2018 from 10.00 am to 01.00 pm
(i) Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG), 2018
(ii) Candidates above 25 years of age may apply for NEET-UG-2018.
For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR) - born on or before 07th May 1993
For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC Category - born on or before 07th May 1988
(iv) Window is open till April 2018 (tentative).
(v) Candidates who have applied offline for NEET-UG-2018 are also directed to apply online. It is also intimated to them that their Demand Draft of fee given to the CBSE will be refunded to them by post at the address given in their offline application. In case, if these candidates do not apply online, their candidature for NEET-UG-2018 will not be considered.
- Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination
- In respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General category candidates
- In respect of the candidates with benchmark disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying exam shall be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates
- Provided that two years of regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together shall be required at 10+2 level for all the candidates
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as Private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-UG. Furthermore, study of Biology/Bio-technology as an Additional Subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible
- Those who are appearing in Class XII Exam in 2018 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later
- As the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana have decided to join and contribute their MBBS/BDS seats for the allotment to the candidates under 15% All India Quota from the academic year 2018-19 onward, the candidates belonging to these States shall also be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats
Rest of the conditions will remain the same as mentioned in the Information on website.
NEET (UG) 2018 Exam Pattern
Pattern of the Entrance Test
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at centre only
The duration of test would be 03 hours (10.00 am to 01.00 pm)
Language of the Question Papers
(i) Candidates can opt for Question Paper either in English or in Hindi; (ii) Option of medium of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later; (iii) Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English
Syllabus for the Test
The Question Papers for the test shall be based on a common syllabus notified by the Medical Council of India (Please see Appendix-I for details)
- The Question Papers for the test shall be based on a Common Syllabus notified by the Medical Council of India and implemented in the year 2013. Please see Appendix-I for details
- The syllabus for NEET 2018 is same as last year’s. There are no changes in the syllabus. It comprises of physics, chemistry, biology
- Topics and level of units in PCB is same as that taught in classes 11th and 12th in standard boards in India. Nevertheless, to avoid confusion since each board has different syllabi, the official syllabus of NEET 2018 is available.
Centres Cities for Entrance Test
- List of cities where the NEET (UG) - 2018 will be conducted is given at Appendix-II
- All the Candidates i.e. Indian, NRI, OCI, PIO and Foreigner should select three Convenient City Codes for the entrance test from Appendix II. Candidates must ensure that they should select the centre in their state of residence or in neighbouring city only and not in far away cities in other states.
- In case, instructions are not complied with, CBSE may allot the centres different from the choice given or cancel the candidature
Reservation of Seats & Admission in Medical/Dental Colleges
1. An All India merit list and All India Rank of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the Existing Reservation Policies
2. All admission to MBBS/BDS courses within in the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test