MICA Admissions Test (MICAT) is the online entrance test for MICA's flagship course Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications (PGDM-C). The programme focuses on Strategic Marketing and Communication. The exam will be conducted on February 12, 2017, in computer based mode only, across 14 cities. Some major changes has been introduced in the admission process for PGDM-C 2017 in terms of selection cycle, eligibility exams, aptitude test format and Group Exercise & Personal Interview (GE&PI) centres. The changes are:
1. The selection process (GE-PI) for PGDM-C 2017-19 to happen twice.
2. Candidates will have to take at least one of the three eligibility exams: CAT 2016, XAT 2017 and GMAT (2012 onwards). CMAT, ATMA and MAT are no longer in the list of eligible exams.
3. MICAT will be held only in the computer-based format in 14 cities across the country.
4. First phase Group Exercise & Personal Interview (GE-PI) will be conducted at Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai and the second phase GE-PI at MICA, Ahmedabad only.
MICAT is a comprehensive test, held over 125 minutes. MICAT has two sections. Section 1 assesses the candidate’s analytical skills, logical skills, verbal skills, divergent thinking, written communication skills and general awareness. Section 2 consists of a Psychometric Test.
MICAs PGDM-C offers the following specializations: The maximum intake for PGDM (C) is 180 students.
MICAShela, Ahmedabad - 380 058, Gujarat, India
|Phone||+91 2717 308250|
|Exam Type||state-level entrance examination|
To apply for MICAT, candidates must have one of the following exam scores:; CAT, XAT, GMAT (2012 onwards),. Candidates will be called for the MICAT test irrespective of their scores, subject to their application form being complete and accepted by MICA.
Application Procedure: To apply for the exam, candidates need to fill-up the registration form and pay the test fees online. Candidates need to register and enter details for the online application form. Post those candidates have to pay the fees. After successful registration, aspirants will receive an email containing the MICA ID and MICA password. This MICA ID will be used for all future correspondence. One can also use this MICA ID and MICA password to modify details online. The test fee is Rs 1875.
Candidates can choose to pay via the following methods:
1. Cash at SBI Bank. Aspirants need to take a print out of the SBI bank Challan. This Challan has three parts. After paying the test fees at an SBI Bank branch in your city, the bank will return two parts of the stamped Challan. Keep one receipt with you. Sign the stamped MICA copy of the Pay-in-slip and send it to the Collection Centre at:; Admissions Office, MICA, Shela, Ahmedabad - 380 058, India, Phone: 02717 - 308250 / 308313.
2. Online Payment through Credit Card:; Aspirants can choose directly through Master or Visa Card online. Just follow the instructions given on official website after choosing credit card option.
3. Demand Draft: Create a demand draft (DD) / multi city cheque/ at par cheque of the test fees from any Bank in favour of "MICA" payable at Ahmedabad. While registering for the exam, choose the mode of Payment as DD / multi city cheque / at par cheque in "Make Payment" Tab and click "Submit". After clicking "Submit", the Payment advice form will generate. Take a printout of the Payment Advice form, sign and send it along with the DD / multi city cheque / at par cheque to the MICA at the following address- Admissions Office, MICA, Shela, Ahmedabad - 380 058, India, Phone: 02717 308250 / 308313.
4. Counter Payment: Aspirants can also choose to pay the fees at the payment counters available across various cities and make payment in cash. Click here to view the counter payment flow chart. Click here to view the address of the payment counters. MICAT Admit Cards will be available on the official website in January/February 2017 (after closing of registration). Candidates need to carry the admit card to the test centre along with a photo-identity card (Passport, Driving license, College / Institute identity card, Aadhaar card, Pan Card, Voters ID Card). Download MICAT 2017 Admit Cards now!
MICAT 2017 exam has two sections:
Section I: This section assesses analytical ability, logical reasoning, verbal ability, divergent thinking, written communication skills, creativity skills and general awareness about contemporary social and industry related issues (including advertising, marketing, media and business domains).
Section 2: This section consists of a Psychometric Test. Based on scores in MICAT 2017, candidates will be called for Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI). These rounds are expected to be conducted in the month of January 2017. View MICAT sample paper to understand the MICAT exam pattern.
Here is the eligibility criteria for MICAT 2017: Candidates have to apply to MICA with their scores of CAT2016 / XAT2017 /GMAT (2012 onwards). Candidates will be called for MICAT irrespective of their scores in the above mentioned exam (subject to their application form being complete and accepted by MICA). Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Candidates appearing for final year graduation examinations are also eligible to apply. Candidates who demonstrate aptitude for expressing, assessing or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results, tend to stand a better chance of being shortlisted, states the official website.