The notification for NEET 2019 has been released. NEET 2019 application form will be released from November 1, 2018. The last date to submit the application form will be November 30, 2018. Application correction will be done from the month of December 2018. Successfully registered candidates can get their NEET Admit Card from April 15, 2019 onwards.
NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) is the national level examination conducted by the NTA (National testing Agency 2019). NEET 2019 will be conducted on May 5, 2019 in offline mode. NEET 2019 Result can be checked on June 5, 2019.
Speculations Related to NEET 2019
The Union Education Ministry has scrapped its plan to conduct the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET twice a year and in online mode after recommendations of the Health Ministry. NEET, the entrance exam for medical and dental undergraduate programmes, will be held in May next year and will be handwritten.
#NEET 2019 #Trending
- Medical aspirants who did not appear for NEET 2018 can study abroad says MCI.
- The conducting body of NEET 2019 is the National Testing Agency (NTA 2019).
- A network of test centres will also be established by the NTA so that candidates from the rural areas can have ample opportunities to practice.
- To equate the two tests, measures like psychometric methods, standardisation techniques and the best of the two equated scores will be used.
- The manner of the tests will be scientific and developed jointly by psychometricians and subject matter experts.
- Only J&K students have to submit self-declaration form for seats in 15% All India Quota.
- Supreme Court denies the plea to set up more exam centers in Tamil Nadu. As a result, thousands of TN students will have to travel to Kerala for NEET 2019.
About NEET 2019
The Union education minister Prakash Javadekar has confirmed that the National Testing Agency will hold NEET and JEE Main from next year onwards. NTA will organise NEET 2019 and JEE Main once a year in an offline mode (pen-paper-based test) only. The medical examination will be conducted on May 5, 2019. The syllabus, question formats, language and fees for NEET or JEE Main exams will not be changed. Know more
#NEET Previous Year Result
According to the results of NEET 2018, as many as 7,14,562 candidates qualified for the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) counselling admissions. Further, based on the NEET Results, Kalpana Kumari of Bihar scoring 691 marks, bagged AIR 1, closely followed by Rohan Purohit (AIR 2) and Himanshu Sharma (AIR 3), both with 690 marks.
NEET 2019 Exam Dates
The NTA has announced the exam dates for the NEET 2019 examination. Candidates can check the table below to know about all the important dates of NEET 2019.
|Application Form||November 1, 2018||NEET Application Form ends on November 30, 2018|
|Application Form Correction Window||December 2018||(-)|
|Admit Card Release Date||April 15, 2019||Download Admit Card from nta.ac.in|
|NEET 2019 Exam Date||May 5, 2019||Exam duration will be 3 hours|
|Result Declaration||June 5, 2019||Check NEET Result online at nta.ac.in|
|Commencement of Counselling||June 13 onwards||Counselling for 15% All India Quota is organizing by MCC of DGHS|
What’s in NEET 2019 for me?
- National Eligibility Entrance Test is the gateway to several top-notch medical and dental colleges at the undergraduate level.
- It is advisable to Download last year NEET Question Papers and Answer Keys to get acquainted with the exam pattern.
- Candidates can also go through the Study plan for NEET 2019 prepared by the COLLEGESCAN team with a detailed timetable and section-wise distribution of syllabus that will allow all candidates to organize their preparation and revision in a strategic manner.
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Minimum Eligibility||Qualifying Marks in Class XII exam|
|Number of Questions||180|
|NEET Exam Syllabus||Physics, Chemistry and Biology syllabus of class 11th & 12th|
|Seats offered||56,000 (approx)|
|Purpose of examination||Admission to medical, dental, and AYUSH courses in India (except AIIMS and JIPMER)|
NEET 2019 Eligibility criteria: Are you eligible?
Aspirants require to fulfill certain eligibility criteria in order to appear in the examination. The application forms of the ineligible candidates are not accepted, so aspirants are advised to through the NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria listed below.
- Indian nationals, OCI, PIO, NRI and foreign candidates will be eligible to apply.
- The minimum age limit will be 17 years as on 31st December 2019.
- The upper age limit will be 25 years for general and 30 years for SC, ST and OBC candidates on the date of examination.
- Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- In the qualifying exam, students must have physics, chemistry, biology/ bio-technology and English subjects.
- Candidates should have obtained minimum 50% marks (for general), 45% marks (for general PH) and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC candidates in the PCB stream.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
NEET 2019 Application Form
The release date for the application form is November 1, 2018. The last date for filling up the application form is November 30, 2018. The mode of release and submission of the NEET 2019 Application Form will be online. Aspirants can check below the step-by-step approach to fill in the application form.
Register on NEET website in order to access the application form. You will receive your ID and password on the registered ID or Mobile No. for future log ins.
- Filling the Application Form
Fill in the required details – personal details, Choice of Examination Centre, Academic Details and Address and Details of Parents.
- Uploading Documents
After carefully filling the above-mentioned details, upload your passport sized Photograph, Signature, and Left Hand Thumb Impression.
This is the final confirmation step, where you are required to remit the fee via:
- Debit/ Credit Card
- Net Banking
- E-Wallets of different service providers
- Offline Mode- Via challan
|General/ OBC||INR 1400|
- Confirmation Page
- After successful payment, a confirmation page will be generated.
- Take a print out of the page and keep it safely for future use. Make note that the confirmation page is NOT to be sent to the board.
- Preserve it until the end of admission and counseling process. For further assistance, you can refer to the detailed explanation of the application process at our NEET Application Form page.
NEET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully submitted their application will be able to get the NEET 2019 Admit Card. Here we are providing details about admit card:
- NEET hall ticket 2019 will be released from April 15, 2019.
- The board will provide the facility to get the admit card via online mode.
- A format for affixing of postcard size photograph will be released along with the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy found in the admit card, contact with the officials.
- When student will download their hall ticket, a PDF copy of the same will be send to the candidate’s registered email ID.
- Failing to produce necessary documents, candidate might not be allowed to appear for the exam.
NEET 2019 Exam Centers
- The exam centres will be notified by the NTA before the release of the application form.
- Previously, In 2018, NEET was held across 2255 exam centres in 136 cities.
- Aspirants are required to fill in their choice of exam centre according to their order of preference while filling up the application.
- However, the preference for NEET 2019 Exam Centers is still limited to 3 choices for all the applicants.
- All the exam centers will have an option for taking NEET in English, Hindi and Urdu.
- The option for vernacular languages will be limited to that particular state only. In total, 8 vernacular languages will be available apart from English, Hindi and Urdu.
- Candidates in Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya without Aadhaar Card need to select exam cities within their own state only. Final allocation of the center will be done by NTA on first-cum-first-serve basis.
- NEET exam centres will be allotted according to the preference of the candidates and also according to the availability of centres for conducting NEET.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
Below we are providing the details about NEET 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Date of Exam: The exam will be organized on May 5, 2019.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be organized through Pen – Paper based (offline) mode.
- Type of Questions: There will be objective type questions in the exam.
- Duration: The exam duration will be of three hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 180 questions will be asked.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kananda languages.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, four marks will be given.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
|Subjects included||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Number of Questions||180 (45 each from Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology)|
|Maximum marks per question||4|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for correct answer
-1 for incorrect answer
0 for no answer/ more than one answer
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQs)|
|Languages||English, Hindi, Assamese, Kannada, Odissa, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati|